Lens for Canon D-10

Hi Gang.................

In the next week or so I am going to buy a Canon D 10.

The lens on my Olympus E-10 was the equivalent of a 35-140mm on a 35mm camera.

That worked great for me.

I have been looking a bunch of lenses in that range.

I see that Vivitar has a Series One 28-105mm lens.
f2.8-3.8

I used to use a lot of Vivitar lenses and I always liked
my Series One 90mm 2.5 for my Nikon.

Funny thing is....
You don't see Vivitar advertising their lenses much any more.

Wondering how they compare to the Tamron/Tokina/Sigma lenses?

I don't have a fortune to spend and I am looking for something with a relatively fast f stop. (2.8-3.8)

Any suggestions?

Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography