Re: Lens for Canon D-10

lea murphy wrote:

Russ,

Congrats on moving up the Canon...you'll really enjoy it.

One of my very favorite lenses for my digital work is the 28-105mm lens that originally came as part of my Canon A2 kit I bought oh so many years ago. It's a fine, sharp lens with good contrast and for a zoom is pretty darn light. If I could have only one lens, that would be the one for me.

Lea

As Lea said, congrats on the 10D acquisition........

The lens Lea suggested is most likely the original 28-105 since it came with her A2e, that is the lens that came with my A2e. I can only echo her suggestion as it is a great lens.

But watch out, the lens we are suggesting is the EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM and NOT the newer version 28-105mm f/4-5.6 USM. The 3.5-4.5 is the lens to get.

You might also consider the Ef 28-135 mm f/3.5-56 IS USM. A bit more money but it goes to 135mm and has IS.

Bob