To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: Reliable internet photo equipment shop 2nd try

Veli Izzet Cigirgan wrote:

They claim they are protecting me from the guy that gets the shipment. And
for that they want a fax, creating a security risk so that everybody in
every department of B&H can see and use my credit card numbers. They also want to have my signature enabling that same guy to use my
signature too.

This seems more a matter of "Inner Stupidistan".

Following this irrational line of thought, once you give the credit card number over the phone, everybody in your paranoid fear will also have your crdeit card number and expiration date. Your signature will be of little value since you can't sign the charge slip over the phone anywhere.

Do you really think that a company like B&H or Adorama, or any of the highly regarded internet shops would have the reputatoions they have, or be in business as long as they have, if they were staffed with thieves and criminals?

This seems more a matter of "Inner Paranoidism"........

Bob