Re: Photoforum Gallery 19 February 2005 - Postbox

> There's a shot of the location showing the environment and situation
of the
> postbox at
> http://www.btinternet.com/~nqsm/insitu.jpg

That certainly shows what a good job you did of isolating it.

> I'd originally taken the shot hoping to use it  on the front
>cover of Christmas newsletter/card but decided against
> that as I'd have preferred snow
>From today's forecast in the UK you might not have long to wait for
real snow!!!

> There's a copy of the original frame at
> http://www.btinternet.com/~nqsm/pb800.jpg
Seeing this, the detail on the box looks MUCH better.
In particular, in the original you have got so much detail of the
ornate metalwork on the top of the box.  Also, you have not blurred
the text (posting time etc) window. I read what you say about wanting
the "diffuse glow" effect but wonder if there's a happy medium?

> However, I'd like more shots of this box before it gets replaced
with
> something more modern. I like the idea of aiming for only the dark
doorway
> behind the box.  That may just  be possible.
Another would be to go there really early on a non-windy day with your
own false background !!!  For location-shoots on period dramas film
makers completely transform shop fronts.  I was thinking more of just
a large sheet :o)

Going real early (06:00?) on a Subday morning would be one way to miss
all the crowds ... depending on sun direction.