Re: Gallerie Reveu di 2005-02-12

> Crab Spider
> Nice capture of the spider,
> presumably working its way into the petals to lie in wait for its
prey.  I'd
> quite liked to have seen the Spider's face and  eyes but I fully
appreciate
> that's something beyond the photographer's control.

Polly

Thanks for your comments.

Indeed, as a one-off picture shown in isolation it's nice to have at
least a partial (45 degree) view of the creature's face.  What I've
shown here is just one of a set intended to be shown as a series.  In
other shots you get a better entomological view of the spider. Perhaps
I should have placed them in Gallery X. The best part of this image
for me is the background, the shade and highlights of the out of focus
backlit flower stalks.

While we can't "control" spiders to pose exactly how we want they can
be coaxed to move.

Look forward to seeing more of your garden birds?

Bob