Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: Laurenz's pic

I really get the impression he tried that with the farm and the small building in the foreground.  But colors here tend to be rather bland as the sun burns the life from anything.

Bob Talbot <BobTalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>For some reason, it is a complete pain in the ass to get a good
morning shot here. I don't know what it is.
It's almost certainly atmospherics. But that will almost certainly
connect more with someone who has been there (like yourself) than not.

Would having something in the near foreground have helped? The old
mind would make the step to haze (atmospherics) easier if nearby
elements were contrasty and saturated?

Bob

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer