Re: PF Galleries on 29 JAN 05

Thanks everyone for your kind words.
A little bit of the story behind that picture:
My daughter started her "ballet" lessons in one of the city parks in october, she loves it so far.
For the 3rd lesson my wife got her ballerina outfit, and I thought she was sooo cute that I had to take some pictures. I made her sit in the living room with a window to her left, I used an off camera flash bounced in the wall to fill the right side of her face. I used a 50/1.4 because I wanted the shallow DOF and the softy effect the Talumar goives, even though I had to be quite close to her.
The batteries of the flash were, however, dying and it didn;t fire in some of the shots, which I retook. So I ended up with about 14 shots of that afternoon. This is one of the shots without the fill flash, which after careful examination were the ones we decided to keep

Happy shooting

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was
updated JAN 29 2005. Authors with work now on display at http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

Rich Mason - Veli Cigirgan - Bob Talbot - Viewmaster Cat
Polly - Young Robin
Leslie Spurlock - UN Doctor
Pablo Coronel - Ballet night
Christopher Strevens - Bus Station
Terry L. Mair - Johnson Mill
Trevor Cunningham - face in window
Jim Davis - No Rules

In Gallery-X you will find a series Dean Zgoda on
"Tohono O'odham Reservation"
and one by Marilyn Dalrymple entitled "Tree, Window,
Shadows". Find links to
this and other special galleries on the main gallery
URL given above.
There is 1 photograph (by Vissak) awaiting future
installation. Contributions
encouraged. Instructions for participating are
available by following link
provided on main gallery page. About 381 clicks
visited the gallery last week. Thank you, Renee and the PF exhibits staff

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Pablo Coronel
Ph.D. Candidate
Food Science Department