Re: PF Galleries on 29 JAN 05

> difference if the owner was adverse to having that done, in this
case two
> thing, first I know the owner and he has a copy hanging in the Mill
which is
> a bed and breakfast now, and secondly this is an historic building
which I
> believe would set a precedence to such photos.

Terry

All this copyrighting buildings nonsense would be nonsense if it
didn't have an element of truth in it.  Now where in this darned world
would you guess the legal system would allow someone to "copyright" a
building to the extent that no one can take a shot of it?

Mmm.

As to an old historic building, as long as it's not owned by Disney
and the original designer died more than 70-y ago chances are it's
copyright free anyway  However, if the current owner has painted the
outside he (or the contractor who applied the paint) almost certainly
owns copyright on that :o)

Bob