Gallery thoughts...

Just some thoughts on the new work presented. If you have comments about my
comments I won't take it as arguing since aesthetics are mostly a matter of
opinion and personal taste. My work can be found here it's often overlooked
since its not on the main page.
Dean
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/cgi-bin/gallery-x/index.html\

Mason
The faces staring back really make that a wonderful dramatic image. Without
those faces would not be nearly as strong. Image in paper almost looks like
the woman but older. This wins the challenge that a good photographer should
be able to take a great shot even in the most mundane of places such as an
airport waiting area.

Cigergan
Without any context or knowing what this was shot for its just a mess of
fish heads.  Could use more saturation too and remove a touch of cyan or
green for florescent light.

Qkano
It's a cat. Interesting effect with the colors though.

Polly
Well done. Sharp, crisp with nice catchlight, background out of focus to
enhance subject and nice composition. For your level of experience I'm
impressed. You are off to a great start. Try color balancing to remove some
green by adding magenta to bring out the yellows of the bird.

Spurlock
Not as strong as the last work you presented with the guy with the American
flag bandanna. The faces here are unemotional not much narrative here.
Doctor treating finger...

Coronel
Nice soft focus effect and use of minimal depth of field. Hands ad nicely to
the composition.

Strevens
Wow that's some nice architecture. Why cant all our public buildings be so
nicely designed like the Jetsons? Image is too much cyan/blue on my
calibrated monitor.

Mair
Try burning in the sky. If you have any clouds there and blue sky it would
really help this image.

Cunningham
SPOOKY

Davis
I would only use the upper third of the frame the out of focus foreground of
the ducks behind does nothing for me... Perhaps if it was profiled a bit
more instead of being a lump.  Very strong image if cropped as mentioned
IMHO.

Best of Show
Mason
Stevens