RE: PF Galleries on 29 JAN 05

I've never used this type of forum (mail list) before so I hope I'm sending
with correct headers, etc.

Many thanks to those who have commented on my image "Young Robin" - much
appreciated and I've learned from your comments, especially about methods of
removing colour casts ;-)

The bird is definirely a young Robin, one of 3 that had hatched from a
nestbox nearby.  The catchlight pleased me too when I first looked at the
shot.  It was a very bright, sunny day and the bird was on a small branch of
a greengage tree overhanging the lawn - so it was actually looking into good
light, despite the fairly dense, surrounding foliage.

I don't feel well enough qualified or experienced to comment much about the
other images in the gallery - but for what it's worth,

I especially like Rich Mason's shot. It's interesting to note how the men
have occupied themselves reading but the women are either dozing or lost in
thought.  I'm also struck by the composition - which effectively
includes 2 extra people - ie the images in the newspaper.

I like the image of the UN doctor too.  I had looked at Leslie's website a
few night previously (been lurking) and, as it happens, this particular
image had stuck in my mind.   I note what as said about skin tones of the
patient, nevertheless I especially like the 'natural' scene and demeanour of
both the Dr and the patient - very typical of a treatment room.

The "Bus Station" - I find this one fascinating and reminiscent of a set for
a Sci-Fi movie.  I'm half expecting a fantasy vehicle to come zooming in any
minute.  Nice one imho.

"Face in the Window"
Very evocative, for me anyway.  A ghost of a Star performer from a bygone
era maybe.  A faded memory of a faded Star haunting a derelict theatre.

"Ballet Night"
A future Prima Ballerina, pert and alert and waiting for her 'dresser' to
help her into her costume
Her ribbon/hairband is nicely lined up with her dangling ear-ring too.
Altogether charming :o)

Polly