RE: PF Galleries on 29 JAN 05

:> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JAN 29 2005.
:> Authors
:> with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html
:> include:
:>
:>                  Rich Mason -

They all look very warm and comfortable.

:>                  Veli Cigirgan -

It could look appetising, but really not for me.  A fishmongers slice never
looks appealing because of the odour, once the fish is cooked and dressed
for consumption then ... ooh lovely!

:>                  Bob Talbot - Viewmaster Cat

Unfortunately I do not have the red and green spectacles to hand.  This
technology never caught on.  I don't know why, perhaps the glasses were too
cumbersome.  In fact 3D has not caught on in any form, the images always
look artificial and static.  Lau, in the 19th century invented a lenticular
array that would generate "genuine" 3-d,that is without spectacles, but the
technology was not up to it, I wonder if the modern TFT flat screen display
overlaid with his lenticular array would fare any better.  3-D computer
displays first I suppose.

:>                  Polly - Young Robin

It's a wonderful shot, I'm wondering if it is a thrush rather than a robin
because of the stippled markings on his breast. Best wishes for the future
of your photographic career, Polly!

:>                  Leslie Spurlock - UN Doctor

It is nice to see our brave young men going out and bringing medicine to
places where it is needed.

:>                  Pablo Coronel - Ballet night

She looks terrified.  The world must be very frightening when we were 5!

:>                  Christopher Strevens - Bus Station

This was a straight shot with my pocket digital camera, now my only camera
and the best one that I've owned.

:>                  Terry L. Mair - Johnson Mill

This was a place where working men made wealth for themselves, their
employers and everyone around them. That's wonderful.

:>                  Trevor Cunningham - face in window

Are many cinemas run down like that, do they still have them "over there"?
We have lots still but they are less common now - its all on DVD.

:>                  Jim Davis - No Rules

It is OK.

Chris