Re: PF Gallery on 08 JAN 05 - delayed announcement

Some thoughts/feelings on the gallery:

Qkano - Fan
The bounce flash worked nicely, but I find the decapitated person with the green shirt a bit distracting.
It would be interesting to know more about this scene - is it a literature reading?

Kostas Papakotas - in the land of ancient Sparta

another person who lost his head! why was it offending? ;-)
The composition is very original though!
I think I even remember the statue, but didn't see anything worth censoring at the time - maybe I'll find a shot of it in my archives...

Rich Mason - The Wizard
I like this shot, although I can't see a wizard, looks more like a flower to me...

Trevor Cunningham - Philae Temple
Very nice - but somehow I'd have found a brownish (Sepia?) tone more fitting...
I just returned from Aswan, by the way. I visited Philae (or Agilkia...) at day and night.
The sound and light show was a bit too colourful for my taste (although much better than the one at Abu Simbel), but it gave me the opportunity to acpture some interesting night shots...

Jeff Spirer - Bad Girl

I like this one, but would have preferred a closer cropping. The girl is too much in the centre for my taste and I find the white line above distracting.
Was it necessary to cut off the shoes?

Per Ofverbeck - Swedish Winter

Beautiful! It's a pity though that the top of the tree is not visible. The picture looks a tiny bit underexposed on my notebook.

Emily L. Ferguson - My neighbor's kitchen porch door

looks nice, but I don't want to see that much snow here!

Leslie Spurlock - Peacekeepers Patrolling
Very dynamic. Nice detail: the blue headdress of the woman in the foreground is much more vivid that the blue helmets of the soldiers in the tank.
The contrast between the heavily-armed soldiers and the two persons in the foreground who seem to just continue with a sort of "normal" life amid the debris also is quite thought-provoking. My personal favourite for this week...
Peeter Vissak -
abstract and beautiful... I visited your website and especially liked the "leigo_kontsert" gallery.
Do you intend to provide English texts as well?

Laurenz

PS: lots of new Peru photos at my website: http://peru.travelphoto.net/ I have scanned many more, but designing the galleries will take a bit of time.
Also, I just returned from upper Egypt with almost 2000 new photos... maybe I'll post one soon here.

----- Original Message ----- From: "ADavidhazy" <andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>