Re: PF Gallery on 08 JAN 05 - delayed announcement

At 9:49 AM -0500 1/10/05, ADavidhazy wrote:
 Due to a problem with the list's server this notice is a bit late. Sorry.

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JAN 08 2005. Authors
with work now on display at  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html  include:

Qkano - Fan

Awful lot of questions here. Why is one of them looking in a book? Why are the hairdos so western, and why does one of the women look hispanic? Why is there such a contract between the incandescent and the flash? Why did you choose to shoot from such a low angle? The image feels out of sync. There's no mystery to the lighting, nor am I getting a sense of authenticity from the actors.

Kostas Papakotas - in the land of ancient Sparta

Yeah, yeah. OK, but what's new now.

Gregory david Stempel - The Fleet At Gig Harbor

There's a priest there? Pretty fleet and I don't mind the sodium vapor light in the middle, but maybe it's just too small online for me to see that it has anything to do with a blessing of the fleet. However, it is a nicely kept up fleet.

Rich Mason - The Wizard

Now I love those textures and the bits of dark sand in the image, but I'm not enthralled by the anthropomorphism. Maybe there's a wizard there, but I don't need that to enjoy the textures and tones.

Trevor Cunningham - Philae Temple

Thanks for taking us to your place, too, Trev. Not sure about the angle and it would be interesting to see a lot more of the subject than one pillar.

Laurenz Bobke - Samaritaine

Bonne? Ou chere. I think I'd prefer a bit of dusk sky there. Looks a lot like a square Christmas Tree otherwise.

Jeff Spirer - Bad Girl

Intersting symbols all over. I think removing the corner and darkness around it might make it more bad, somehow.

Christopher Strevens - Hi

Uh. I'm too old for this. Besides that's not a very pretty part and it doesn't look even slightly welcoming to me. Kinda tight a__ed if you ask me.

Per Ofverbeck - Swedish Winter

I like it lots. Like the palette, do wonder about the man-made shaped object on the far left, but still I like the fragility of it. Winter is hard on willows.

Leslie Spurlock - Peacekeepers Patrolling

Oh dear. So dirty - the streets - and so sad that peacekeepers must try to do their work with weapons of war in their hands. How does one make peace in front of the muzzle of a gun?

Peeter Vissak -

Might be a bit more interesting if there were something more in the white area but I like the graphic aspects. Would be nice to have a hint of what's going on there, however.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822