Re: D100 colour balance

At 2004-12-19, 10:05:36 James B. Davis (jbdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>The reason I use a preset WB and not AWB when shooting RAW is
>consistant WB. I can then change ALL images to the proper WB in
>software, with one click.
>
>If they're all slightly different, you have to change each
>individually.

Jim,

	That's why I said I would use AutoWB when shooting RAW in _changeable light_. It's not always viable to use any preset WB (measured or otherwise) if the conditions are changing.

	Changing the WB from Auto-WB to any preset in RAW mode is just as easy regardless of whatever the camera chose anyway. If all the images were shot in a specific light, I could just make adjustments to one image (in this case, among other things, set the specific colour temperature) and then apply the same adjustments to all the images I chose to with Nikon Capture.

	I don't know Capture One and how it works with the Canons to make a call on your workflow.

Deen