Re: D100 colour balance

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:55:53 +1000, Deen Hameed
<deenhameed@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>	Actually, when I shoot JPEGs, , like weddings and things where post-processing 800-1000 images would not be viable, I pretty much always choose a specific WB on my D70. It works predictably, and the few images that are wierd, can be corrected in PS later.
>
>	However, when I shoot RAW in changeable light, I pretty much always put it on Auto-WB.
>
>	Why?
>
>	Because on the Nikons (the D70 anyway), you can't really fine-tune WB in camera - but AutoWB (like Auto-ShutterSpeeds), can choose values that could be very much more accurate than fiddling within the limited tunability in camera. Since all the RAW files get post-processed anyway, I can always go and change them to a preset, if i think it works better.

The reason I use a preset WB and not AWB when shooting RAW is
consistant WB. I can then change ALL images to the proper WB in
software, with one click.

If they're all slightly different, you have to change each
individually.

BTW, I use Capture One RAW conversion software.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography:
  http://jimdavis.oberro.com/