Re: D100 colour balance

	Actually, when I shoot JPEGs, , like weddings and things where post-processing 800-1000 images would not be viable, I pretty much always choose a specific WB on my D70. It works predictably, and the few images that are wierd, can be corrected in PS later.

	However, when I shoot RAW in changeable light, I pretty much always put it on Auto-WB.

	Why?

	Because on the Nikons (the D70 anyway), you can't really fine-tune WB in camera - but AutoWB (like Auto-ShutterSpeeds), can choose values that could be very much more accurate than fiddling within the limited tunability in camera. Since all the RAW files get post-processed anyway, I can always go and change them to a preset, if i think it works better.

Best regards,
Deen
2004-12-19 00:49:26

--
Deen Hameed
0405 649 101 deenhameed@xxxxxxxxxxxx

At 2004-12-18, 11:36:25 James B. Davis (jbdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>>I try to avoid AUTO white balance, instead selecting the pre-selected
>>values, except for outside when I often use cloudy +3.
>>
>>My 2 colleagues who have the D70 have no problems...
>>
>>Or am I the only other one with this issue?
>
>If you shoot raw, you really need to set your WB to anything but AUTO.
>
>And if you're not shooting RAW, they you will have issues.
>

>--
>Jim Davis, Nature Photography:
>  http://jimdavis.oberro.com/
>Motorcycle Relay Kits: