Re: D100 colour balance

At 10:31 PM -0600 12/17/04, Roger Eichhorn wrote:
Emily,

Fomecore? Or is it Foamcore? How do you use it. It's nearly white one each surface isn't it? Or are you talking about something else.

Roger

When I was borrowing a D100 I worked with the instructions for setting the WB and teh gray card didn't give good results. Everything was underexposed. The white card gave the correct result.

However, I no longer borrow that camera, having my own, and so I no longer remember precisely how to do it.

Also, I no longer shoot JPEG although last month I assisted a guy who shot an entire day-long paying job in JPEG. And last summer I worked next to a bunch of sailing shooters who all shot JPEG.

Although it is certainly true that one can take advantage of many tweaking features in RAW mode, when time is of the essence it is always best to capture the image that needs no tweaking. If the photograpaher can do that without RAW mode, other considerations come into play - like camera RAM and write speed. For fast breaking sports and news action I suspect RAW is not really a desirable option.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822