Re: White Balance Color Test

        I reshot the pictures today with the purple towel as the background in the shade while the Christmas star is in bright sunlight. On auto white balance purple towel came out blue again. With the camera set to daylight white balance towel comes out as purple.
        Then I shot the red ribbon on the lamp post in auto white balance, in daylight white balance and in tungsten light balance. In each shot the red ribbon was the same bright orange. The surprising thing was the background color balance. In the auto white mode it was neutral like the scene, in the daylight white balance setting it was orange and it was blue in the tungsten mode. It was 3 o' clock. Not late enough to effect slide film yet but obviously the digital sensor chip is hypersenstive to orange tinge of the color of the sunlight.
This was with a Gateway camera. I hope the more expensive digital camera gives better colors.