Re: portraits and permissions / was: PF Exhibits on 04 DEC 04

I'm with Laurenz, I really don't take many photos of people...too much trouble I think.  Call me lazy, but I find people extremely difficult to photograph genuinely if they know they're being photographed.  So I stick to ruins, architecture, abstract, and landscapes...things that tend to sit still.  However, my submission for next week is one of few pictures of people...and I have to concur again, I don't know enough Arabic to ask for permission or release rights, but oh well.  I'm sure the kid would be delighted to know his image is on the internet...as many proud fathers learn of their daughters...

DSmall9917@xxxxxxx wrote:
Much depends on the use and content of the photograph. I am not a lawyer but in the USA if you are not using the shot for commercial purposes,and it is not an embarrassing or compromising photo. And if the photo is taken in a public place,it's ok.
 I did not ask permission. As soon as the subject is aware of you the scene is entirely different. I don't use telephoto lenses. But I do shoot fast.
Dave

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! ? Get yours free!