Re: portraits and permissions / was: PF Exhibits on 04 DEC 04

but I find people extremely difficult to photograph genuinely if they know they're being photographed.<<<<

A young friend of ours went on a two week vacation. When she returned with about 100 photographs to show off, every one of them had her in the frame. "Here I am standing in front of the Grand Canyon." "Here I am standing in front of the Mississippi River," etc., etc.

I practically yelled the question at her, "you didn't take any photographs of just the scenery?! She replied "no, why should I?"

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com