Re: portraits and permissions / was: PF Exhibits on 04 DEC 04

Much depends on the use and content of the photograph. I am not a lawyer but in the USA if you are not using the shot for commercial purposes,and it is not an embarrassing or compromising photo. And if the photo is taken in a public place,it's ok.
 I did not ask permission. As soon as the subject is aware of you the scene is entirely different. I don't use telephoto lenses. But I do shoot fast.
Dave