Re: PF Exhibits on 2004-11-27 : Jim's shot

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:03:15 +0000, Bob Talbot
<BobTalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>> Agreed, the 'blob' is a flaw, but that's nature. I don't like your
>> crop :-)
>
>I don't have a crop: I'm not a bird!
>
>Seriously, that's fine, it's what makes art interesting ...
>
> But did you mean you didn't like my crop as a picture per se - or
>that you simply preferred yours?

I just didn't like the birds in your crop, they seemed to close to the
bottom of the frame. I actually tried that crop, since it removed the
'blob', but after squinting a few times, I decided the blob was to
remain and my crop as well.

Cropping a painting might involve running it through a table saw then
folding the canvas back under one side :-)

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography:
  http://jimdavis.oberro.com/