Zoom Lens question

 Hi all,

I am planning to buy a DSLR, and I am considering either the Canon or the
Nikon brand. 300D, D20 from Canon or D70 from Nikon. I have some Canon
lenses, so going into D70 will also mean some new lenses, which means I need
some reviews, and insights about both Nikon and Sigma.

I do not plan to go into high end. Can anybody point me to some websites
that review lenses? Also I would like to hear from anybody that have
hands-on experience with those brands.

Thanks for answers,

Veli Izzet