Gallery Review

OK, I´ve not been reviewing for some time now; this week´s crop is quite good, so let´s try once more:

Alberto Tirado, Teclamoto: A perfect interpretation of my mood whenever I´m forced to use a Windoze box instead of the real thing... Suppose that kind of reaction is what you were after? Good work.

Jeff Spirer, Martin Luther: Good, tight one. Somewhat disturbed by the white spot upper left, as well as those strips lower left.

Greg Fraser, Noon: Moody. That noose makes it downright creepy (probably the author´s intention).

Trevor Cunningham, Bury me not...: For me, easily the best one this week. Would like to see it as a large print, platinum, in the classical American Landscape tradition (of which I´m a great admirer).

Tim Holmes, : Unusual (to me, at least) view of a notorious tourist spot. Very good. Just cannot help imagining those past presidents looking out through a crack in their grave, horrified at..... (well, forgive a cheeky furriner!).

Peeter Vissak, Old growth forest: Very nice, a type of nature that I feel at home with. Excellent treatment of the hard contrasts.

Emily Ferguson, Maple tree skeleton: Autumn colours in moderation for once. Nice composition.

Bob Talbot, Cladonia: Obviously I was not the only one sprawlin´on the ground... Very good, almost like a setting in some sci-fi flim. Personally, I would have liked the background slightly darker, for a kind of "forest mood" (most inappropriate for the Outer Hebrides, of course, so Bob will vehemently disagree). Even as it is, for me it shares second prize with Peeter´s entry this week.

Jim Thyer, Fraser Bridge: A superb composition, quite a feat from a moving train. Would have cropped out most of the foreground, almost up to the bottom of the orange-coloured engines.

Per Öfverbeck http://foto.ofverbeck.se