Re: truth and public sentiment

> How can a camera be digital if it doesn't have fingers?

Un(cle)Bob

Digital photography has stuck 10 fingers up to the concept of an
honest image. With digital the concepts of truth and lie have no
meaning as at last there is no difference, no trace ...

No artist's statement, however detailed, however long winded, can ever
remove that doubt.  But we live in a changing world.  Honesty is no
longer a virtue, nor dishonesty a sin.  Neither in business nor in
politics, nor in photography.  We are lied to on a daily basis, yet,
even when the lies are uncovered, we just shrug and accept that it
must have been for our own good.  That the perpetrators are somehow
stronger for their ability to have fooled us so well. That the way to
get on is to lie with them ...

What matters is winning.  If you can't win fairly, change the rules.