Re: Are your photos CRAP?

> 2) It asks questions that encourage the reviewer to make assumptions
> about what was in the photographers mind, not what is in their own
unBob

That was the aspect I most disagreed with.

Who cares what the photographer was thinking?
Feral pictures stand on their own.  Even in the media, where they
become part of the story as opposed to being self contained, they
still have left the photographer behind. I never try - ever - to
second guess why someone else took or chose to show an image because I
never can guess that.  I can know it's impact / meaning to me ...

The list of technical considerations, for learning photographers, is
actually quite good.  If we all read those before submitting to the
gallery just maybe there would be less nits to pick each week.  But
maybe too we would focus too strongly on the "Practice" and not enough
on aesthetics and impact.

Bob

PS: not one comment in the form about the artist's statement and as to
how it supported the image ;o)