Re: Fw: Suggestions and Recomendations needed

Your histogram gives you information about the tonal range in your
images. Keep the tones within the length of the histogram axis and
you'll be fine but if it shoots off either side you'll lose data that
you can never retrieve. Certainly you've taken shots where the whites
were blown out, pull one up on your computer or shoot one on purpose,
and look at the histogram in camera or in Photoshop. See how it is
clipped on the right side? The highlight data in that image will never
be salvagable...it's blown. The same is true of clipping shadows but
that isn't considered by many to be as bad because we don't expect to
see detail in shadow areas.

If your highlights are clipping underexpose your image until they are no
longer clipping (dial in -1/3 stop or so, check it as it may require
more) and fire away. You will be able to brighten the image back up in
Photoshop and the best part is that you'll have data in your highlights.

I shoot with the Canon 10D and in my histogram window the blown areas
flash black on the actual image so they are very easy to see.

Lea