Re: Simultaneously combining the novel with the familiar

Qkano <snapper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> But I will not forget the qualites of the old ways just to worship
> the new - even when I switch.  Digital (I repeat) has a lot of
> benefits.  But it really is stretching the point to say it's better
> in every way ... and whatever people say, my injet prints don't last
> as well as film ...

As committed to digital as I am, I'd never have said that.  At some
point in the future I may say that.

I *did* spend a lot of time (not so much here; this was a more sane
group than many in the early days of digital) saying that digital
wasn't just crap, which lots of people seemed to be claiming.

It's still not just crap.  And I still have film in my freezer and
film 35mm bodies, and I've run at least 6 rolls of film through film
bodies this year still.  Haven't shot any 4x5 lately though; but
that's not because I have a digital camera that produces 4x5 quality
results!