Re: Simultaneously combining the novel with the familiar

<<<Folks, it's a complex issue. I really respect Bob's opinions and
photography. He's almost converted :-) >>>

Jim

Thanks.

Indeed: it won't be that long before I go digital.
When I do it will not be for want of argument/discussion/whatever.
When I do it will be because ...

But 5y ago or so, (I forget) the arguments were indeed the same.
Digital was already said to be (then!) as good as film ... blah blah blah.
Fact is, every year the technology has improved - I seriously believe the early stuff was "Emporer's New ClotheS" + Hype + Magical Thinking all rolled into one.

Sure: quality now is so much better than it was: more important (for the UK) is larger towns have shops where people without home computers can get thier digital images printed for a reasonable price.

But I will not forget the qualites of the old ways just to worship the new - even when I switch.  Digital (I repeat) has a lot of benefits.  But it really is stretching the point to say it's better in every way ... and whatever people say, my injet prints don't last as well as film ...

Bob

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/