Re: Simultaneously combining the novel with the familiar

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 08:09:22 +0100, Qkano <wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>... for most (seriously huge majority) a one-step process ... or at least
> "fire - review - delete"

But, Bob, you're talking about amateurs taking family and vacation
snaps here right? Digital is helping them take better photos too, and
I don't see anything wrong with it. Most don't know what focus is, but
they do frame and fire. Sometimes the review screen shows them a
problem and they shoot again and get it right. I wouldn't be surprised
if more people actually investigate things like exposure more now due
to seeing the results right away.

For the Pro, it's helpful in tweaking the image sometimes too. I use
my histogram like an exposure meter when I start shooting, to get the
ambient exposure right on. New tools, better tools, that's what
digital is.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/