Re: Simultaneously combining the novel with the familiar

<<For the Pro, it's helpful in tweaking the image sometimes too. I use
my histogram like an exposure meter when I start shooting, to get the
ambient exposure right on. New tools, better tools, that's what
digital is.>>

Jim

We've been here before.

Better in some ways,
OK, better in many ways.
For sure not better in all ways - there still is no free lunch!

And for the original ... OK, maybe frame-review -fire is still the domain of the snapper but  - seriously - it is creeping in (inevitably) to the pro arena.  Isn't that similar to using a polaroid back I hear some say ? ;o0

The ways in which digital still lags behind  - well, the arguments are moot anyway as it will soon be the only way.

Betamax was better than VHS
Apples were better than PCs
Communism is better (for most) than Capitalism. <BG>

The winner is the one who wins - not how good they are.

Bob

--

Whatever you Wanadoo:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/