Re: Simultaneously combining the novel with the familiar

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 11:07:52 +0200 (CEST), Qkano
<snapper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>Better in some ways,
>OK, better in many ways.
>For sure not better in all ways - there still is no free lunch!

Initial cost is indeed a factor. But I sure save in film and
processing. But the big saver for me is the travel to film store to
drop off, travel to pick up, day after day. Then there's the scanning
and diddling is way reduced. I'm free to take photos more which is
what I really like too!

Take the price of a good scanner off a DSLR and you don't have to
shoot much to start saving money on film and processing. Provia 100F
is about $12 US here, processing brings a roll of 36 up to over $20
US. It really adds up.

I know, we've been here before, but some still aren't getting with the
picture :-)

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/