Re: PF exhibits updated 04 SEP 04

> >              Unbob Unrosen - The old and the new

> I must thank the many who have emailed me about this image -- ok,
the
> one who has.  Oddly enough the message contained only my
photographers
> statement and a "best regards".  Clearly an indication that my
statement
> says it all.
>
> Actually I feel I have to compare my image with Jeff Spirer's.  I
really
> have to say I like the contrast in his work, it makes mine look flat
and
> pretty uninteresting.  I guess it comes down to the lighting -- his
is
> so much better.

Poppycock!

Your images stands far superior.

Jeff, as usual, has given only the briefest of comments - and has
never surrendered that most precious of commodities "the artist's
statement".

What you see is not what you get.  Is that really a laundry, or has
Chris lent him Bryce?
Your own statement however was somewhat lacking.  For instance, where
was the time of day or even the date the image was taken?

It does however definitely demonstrate the superiority of film,
especially for monochrome work.  After all, what kind of foul would
place a red-green-blue mosaic filter over their film then, at the
processing stage, work hard to reinstate the tonal information that
would have been there without the  [Bayer] filter?  Bah!  Just proves
it to me.

Bob (not Rosen)