Scanners - which one??

Hello

We are new to this forum and were wondering if anyone could offer some
advice on scanners for photographic work.

After our disastrous purchase of a Microtek scanner, we have decided
we'll just have to give it up as a bad joke and get another brand.
We're just looking at lower end models, and are currently leaning
towards the Epson 2480 or 2580, (the former we have read some not so
encouraging reviews of), or a Canon 5200F..

Any advice, experience with these models...or recomendations for other
similar models would be most appreciated.

Thanks & Best Wishes
Anita & Rob