Re: Scanners - which one??

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:57:19 +1000, Obscura Machina
<mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>We are new to this forum and were wondering if anyone could offer some
>advice on scanners for photographic work.
>
>After our disastrous purchase of a Microtek scanner, we have decided
>we'll just have to give it up as a bad joke and get another brand.
>We're just looking at lower end models, and are currently leaning
>towards the Epson 2480 or 2580, (the former we have read some not so
>encouraging reviews of), or a Canon 5200F..
>
>Any advice, experience with these models...or recomendations for other
>similar models would be most appreciated.

Bottom end of scanners will get you crap scans. I have no idea why
you'd want that, considering you already had a scanner you weren't
happy with. Prepare to pay big bucks for a good scanner.

Hey, what about a good used Nikon 35mm scanner?

You're not serious about a flatbed for film are you?

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/