Freelance advice

Hello all, I'm hoping some of you might be able to give me some advice. I might have an opportunity to shoot some local sporting events for small local (free) newspaper. I had emailed the editor advising I was interested in doing some freelance work for the paper, and he has replied and asked:

"what would you charge to go to all the sports leagues now that fall seasons are getting underway, and take 24 exposures at OLBA (bowling), DIVA, Front Runner, Different Strokes (golf) and OLTA (tennis)"

In the same email in an earlier statement he had mentioned "Our scale is $13 per hour, and you could expect to get 4-6 hours a week from us. Our positions are all filled"

Now, I will tell you that this would be a great opportunity for me, I do shoot sports, but I have never done anything for a paper and even if this is low pay, I would love to do this, even if just for a short time. I don't want him to necessarily know this.

So, my question is based on the above information, what can I tell this guy about "what I would charge"?

Thanks!

Amy