Re: Be careful what you wish for!

> As Jeff said, outside of scientific work  (and I'd ad advertising) colour
> accuracy was never a critical part of photography.

Sure, and I was just agreeing with him. :-D

> and this is where our memory kicks in to make the corrections needed to
> accept the 2D limited tonal range image as a representation of a real event
> :-)     the Memory activity is something not to be dismnissed..

And as such you can use your memory to color correct the pictures. :-)

> > Well, all this to say that I guess that perfection is what the
> > photographer wants and not what is more precise.
>
> medical, geological, forensic, insurance, record, scientific all need close
> accuracy, others are free to render as they wish

Sure but those are using photography as meter, the photo is a mean to
achieve a measure not the objective. Sure it is very useful, but I
usually call this imaging and photography. But maybe I am being somewhat
purist here. :-/