Re: Be careful what you wish for!

On Aug 24, 2004, at 10:22 AM, karl shah-jenner wrote:

Jim:
I shot a lot of different films in my time. Shot them in all kinds of
light too. I never got one image from film that comes close to the
realistic images I get from digital. Sorry Mr. Grump, but one day you
will say 'why did I wait so long'.

You want resolution? Get into medium or large format.

or technical pan - I never met a 4x5 100ASA film that could match the
resolution of 35mm technical pan.

Alas.......Kodak has announced the discontinuance of Tech Pan film. The various sizes to be phased out over the next year. I believe the 35mm or 120 is going first. 4x5 and the rest in 2005.

Dave