Re: Digital lens question

----- Original Message -----
From: "karl shah-jenner" <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digital lens question

http://www.atmsite.org/contrib/Ceragioli/newrefractor/chapters/Chapter%205.h
> tml
>
> worth a read Steve..
>
> the fact that the lens elements are set wide does *NOT* negate the fact
that
> the light is brought to convergence with focussing

I'm not going to get into a discussion of physics with you Karl.  The reason
I suggested you look at the Petzval principle and his discoveries/designs
for the photographic lens explains just how the photographic lens is NOT
like the telescope lens.

The original question was 'is there a difference between regular 35mm lenses
designed for film and Digital camera lenses.  The answer is yes.

When I sit with a lens designer, just after his meetings with our NSA
(National Security Agency) and listen to  detailed explanations about the
differences between digital lens design and Petzval film lens light capture,
I simply tend to believe him.

My answer to the original question was quite accurate.  Your research would
do well to go to Kodak manufacture via 1-800 424-2424 ext 19 and ask them.
"Is there a difference in the lens?"  They may well transfer you to the
engineer who can clarify that criteria.

Meanwhile, I answered the original question and have no desire to further
define my answer.

S.