Re: Digital lens question

A digital dream?  More like a nightmare.

Tell me Karl, since I was last here, what has changed with digital?

I consider myself to be neutral and unbiassed in this matter. In the past I expressed some reservations about digital, but I always retain an open mind.

Has anything improved with digital that can't be expressed in one word -- resolution?

In the past I have expressed my concern over the loss of quality, digital was always a poor cousin, unable to compete with the negative. Now, alas, with increased resolution things are so much worse. I now turn off all images when I use the World Wide Web because they all look digital to me.

Karl, how can the public know that the image they see is truth, not falsified with photoshop? How can the experts tell? And the professional photographers -- where are they now? Do they send out the assistants to shoot thousands of digital images while they are a slave to their computer?

It's easy to distort reality thru a lens. The trick is to intensify it. By doing that make life indelibly eloquent in its mystery, tragedy and joyousness. But digital has no soul, or has it been sold?

Bob

karl shah-jenner wrote:

I must have hit my head and come awake in 1999.

it's alright Jeff, you just had a bad dream.. back to sleep now