Re: Acros 100 diafine

At 09:50 AM 8/14/2004 -0400, you wrote:
I'm about to develop 20 sheets of 4x5 Fuji Acros 100 in Diafine. Does anyone know how many sheets I can safely develop at once?
Bruce
Diafine is a two solution compensating developer. It is in essence a one time use procedure in that you soak the film in solution A (The developer) for about three minutes. Do the same with solution B. The only developer used up is the amount of solution A soaked up by the film in three minutes, which is negligible. The solutions keep very and will last for several years unless some of the B solution is mixed in the A solution. If things start to grow in the solutions just filter them and keep on trucking.

Diafine is the best way I know to obtain absolutely uniform developed film. Because of the compensating effect providing higher apparent speeds you will get better results by cutting exposure by at least one stop.

The stuff is simplicity personified, three minutes in A, three minutes in B, one minute plain water wash and normal fixer. Temperature can be anywhere between 60deg and 80deg F. Just try to keep the bath temp fairly close together. The instructions say minimal agitation and they mean that. Follow the directions. You'll like it.

Dave
East Englewood.