Re: Request For Insight

I use my Mac (iTunes) to make MP3 files from my CD´s, and I select the highest quality. While there are some compression losses, it is still quite enjoyable. Earphones are a must; there´s no speaker in the Arcos.

I´ve also been put off by Apple´s inane terminology of calling all pieces of music a "song". Will iPhoto call all images "snaps". Still, once you get over it, it really works, and it is fast and easy to copy an entire CD. You can even get the track titles from a database, so they show up correctly on the archos´display.

Per

TERRYAKING@xxxxxxx wrote:

I know that this may not be relevant to this list but how do you use a MP3 player to listen to classical music ? Are you downloading things and if so from where ? Are you listening through earphones on long journeys are is the MP3 player plugged into the car's stereo system (if you are travelling by car)?
I have tended to be suspicious of things like MP3 given the way that Macs refer to everything as 'songs' seemingly ignoring those of us who listen to music,classical, jazz or whatever, that lasts for more than three minutes. What was wrong with 'tracks' ?
I might go out and buy one if I thought that the machine would combine the photographic and the musical in a way that met my needs.
I am sorry if this has already been covered in this thread.
Terry