Re: Request For Insight

In a message dated 12/08/2004 08:52:02 GMT Standard Time, elgenper@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It DOES have an MP3 player.  I, too, sneered at first, but on a long
trip it´s actually nice to have (with classical music, of course).  I
even got the FM radio add-on so I can listen to news and weather
forecasts.
I know that this may not  be relevant to this list but how do you use a MP3 player to listen to classical music ? Are you downloading things and if so from where ? Are you listening through earphones on long journeys are is the MP3 player plugged into the car's stereo system (if you are travelling by car)?

I have tended to be suspicious of things like MP3 given the way that Macs refer to everything as 'songs' seemingly ignoring those of us who listen to music,classical, jazz or whatever, that lasts for more than three minutes. What was wrong with 'tracks' ?

I might go out and buy one if I thought that the machine would combine the photographic and the musical in a way that met my needs.

I am sorry if this has already been covered in this thread.

Terry

Terry.

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)