RE: PF exhibits 17-JUL-04

> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JUL 17
> 04. Authors
> with work now on display at
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:
>
>               Pini Vollach - More Sand

Yes it looks like sand... And I like the shell in the thirds position on the
lower right, it seems to set the picture off and give it scale.  As does the
foliage on the horizon.  Not sure if this foliage is grass or some spindly
trees.

>               Jeff Spirer - Carny

She looks happy.  We don't celebrate on that day, but I saw there was a 4
July celebration in my small Town of Merton this year, but I did not go.
Looks as though she is selling novelties.

>               D.L. Shipman - Not your grandmother's maillot

No, I don't like that photo....  Sorry.  Too human biological and really not
what she wants you to see.

>               Darryl Gage - Alicia

Now that is more artistic human biology.  I quite like this one and the
process is antique and must have been a real effort.  Well done.

>               Per Ofverbeck -

Nice composition - apart from the black triangle on the left.  That does the
image no good.

>               Bob Talbot - Newlyn

You were in a plane to snap that.  Nice composition with the water occupying
the right hand side.  And the curve of the bay on the left.

>               jIMMY Harris - Horses on a hot day

A quiet, hot day in the country.  Texas looks nice and peaceful on that day.

>               Leslie Spurlock - Gunfight (Haiti: Feb/Mar 04

Nice bit of photo journalism.  Like nearly all war photos you never see what
the soldiers are shooting or aiming at.  All I could see of the enemy most
of the time was muzzle flashes and tracer!

>               John Palcewski - Bride of Christ

I thought all catholic girls became brides of Christ as 7 when they have
their first communion.  I suppose this lady is a nun.

>               Christopher Strevens - Having Fun on the beach

This is my very early image made in poser and rendered with scenery in
Bryce.  However I can now use figures from Poser and add them to photographs
in Photoshop so that I don't need models.  Not such fun though - and no
hassle from the model.

Chris
http://www.chrisspages.co.uk