Re: printer recommendations?

I have an Epson  CX5400 scanner /printer combo. It is equilivalent to the C-82. I get excellent results with it. However it doesn't come with a profile for printing but with a space for printing. I do have to change some files to Adobe 98 space and do a few trick to get it to print out correctly. Also one has to accept that since the C-84  like the C-82 and the C5400 it only has four colors (CYMK) so it does produced some high contrast changes that you don't get with a six color printer (CYMKlclm). A six color ink printer gives you better gradation of tones.
The other thing is you need to get your monitor calibrated at the very least with Adobe Gamma and if you monitor has separate controls for each gun (RGB) then you can fine tune the monitor even further for print matching.