Re: archival inkjet inks

hmair@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> What are the archival inks called, who makes them and which printers will
> they work in?

Lots of people, including the OEM materials in Epson printers like the
2200 and the R-800.

If you start into the area of third-party inks and papers, be prepared
to actually learn to understand color management, and invest in some
custom profiles (or the software and hardware to make your own
profiles).  Three years ago that was definitely the way to go.  Today,
unless you're unsatisfied with what you can do with the Epson
Ultrachrome materials, I'd start there rather than branching out.

I've used the Generations Micro-Bright pigmented inks with my Epson
1200 (now looking at least partially deceased, sigh).  Lysonic has
also made a number of inksets.  I'm sure there are others out there as
well.  (And then there are a number of specialized sets for making B&W
prints, too).