Re: PF Exhibits on June 19, 04 [nit-free review #1]

Bob,

I have noticed that you´re not one who gives praise lightly, also that you are an excellent image-maker yourself. Therefore, praise from you is worth all the more when received.

Thank you very much for your kind comments, and for taking the time!

In answer to a few implied questions: that blue bag actually irritated me when taking the photo. Only on the screen did I see its value as a colour counterpoint. Today most Danish bikes are quite modern ones; the old, traditional black ones are almost gone. Biking is still an important means of transportation in Copenhagen, not just an exercise (there are no hills whatsoever in the whole city, except for a few bridge approaches).

The shot is both straightened and "de-keystoned" a little in PS (not even in Copenhagen can one always place oneself exactly where the image would demand). When doing so, I always do it free-hand (I´m aware there is a measuring tool), but I wouldn´t really call it a "creative decision" if I didn´t get it exactly in plumb; I just stopped when it looked good to me...

Again, thank you!

Per Öfverbeck
http://foto.ofverbeck.se