Re: PF Exhibits on June 19, 04 [nit-free review #1]

>Per Ofverbeck -
Copenhagen
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/ofverbeck.html

In some respects this is one of the best images I have seen in the
gallery over the years.

I say "some" because there are so so many different ways of looking at
/ reading an image and a similar number of reasons for taking this
one.

This shot is beautifully (almost mathematically) composed.  Lighting
is fabulous - I love the colours.  Technically the histograms use the
full RGB palette ;o)

I could imagine this as a pastel-print on my wall.  I could imagine it
in a magazine or travel brochure.

Looking beyond those, there are elements that speak real life instead
of bog-standard stock photo.  The old street contrasting with the
modern bike (complete with "English" logo) .  Surely for a
commissioned shot they would want an old-fashioned sit-up-and-beg
style bike frame ?  The blue plastic bag on the seat?  It's a
fortunate colour contrast for the orange (or maybe Per added it to
fill up the Blue histogram ;o).

Very good shot Per, well Done!

Bob

PS: the only nit ... or was it a creative decision, wouldbe a 0.5
degree anti-clockwise rotation about the level ;o)