Re: PF Exhibits on June 19, 04 "God made that image ..."

> I did not realize it was a Micro-shot.  Well done.

Chris

The way an image was taken, whether it is macro, micro, film,
digital - whether it required a 4-day treck up a mountain of just
stepping out of a car at a viewpoint layby.  None of these things
should really matter, only whether you like an image as shown or not.

I've always wondered myself too - from watching camera club judges
;o) - why a photo of OPA (other people's art) gets slated yet a
bog-standard straight on picture of the centre of a rose sprayed with
water can get top marks!!!!  Your comment about the photo (all
photos?) was right: flower shots are a largely just a record of
something god created (or man bred via cross polination) [addendum: or
Satan's children forced upon us via GM].  There is to me almost no
justification for blanking OPA yet raving over G'sA

For me first impression is everything: what it said to you when you
first saw it is something to take on board.

The fact that I "saw" the shot before I even set the tripod up - that
I realised the long (10-inch) flower stalks radiating from a central
stem would, out of focus, give me a background I wanted.  That I
aligned the camera to as many of the flower's tips as I could - these
are only things of personal satisfaction: the how not the what if that
makes any sense.

Maybe next week I will apply a PS filter to a flower shot and see if
that tickes your fancy?

Thanks for taking time to review the gallery.

Bob