Re: Gallery Review 6-19-04

Darryl Gage--Iris
A nice image but just a little to dark to capture details. Don't give up. It's a very worthy subject!

 Darryl Gage - Iris

Another heaven sent photo opportunity.  Nice image might do for one image in
an LRPS entry but a bit dark.

After looking at the gallery I agree it is too dark and a bit flat also.  I should have tweaked the scan a bit I guess.
On the original print the open petals glow nicely.  The unopened bud did need dodging in the darkroom however.
The idea to photograph dark flowers with a dark background and light colored flowers with a light background came from an article about a photographer whose name I can't remember in an article from either Camera Arts or View Camera a few years back.

Thanks for the reviews.

Darryl M. Gage
Forestville, NY

"Strange and beautiful are the stars tonight..."  Blue Rodeo